Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Election Results and Thank you!

Thank you for supporting me in my race for Los Angeles City Controller!!

I did better than expected for my first major race. 2nd place with 18.55% of the vote, more than 40,000 people voted for me! And I beat Nick!!! Even though he had 20 times more campaign funds than I did! What a feat! That was a huge surprise for the media.

A big thank you to Walter Moore! Without him I would have missed this great experience. I met so many wonderful people. I enjoyed the forums, neighborhood council meetings all around Los Angeles.

I received some notice from the media, my name was on the ballot and it was seen by hundreds of thousands of people in L.A. And now that I have name recognition, I will run again, either for city council or a state office.

I will leave this blog open. Feel free to comment. Stay tuned. I will most likely open a new blog for my next race and link it up to this one.

Together we can save this city and state. It can and will be beautiful and safe again.

Kathleen Suzy Evans

No comments: